Due to the pandemic, the majority of the interviews are now virtual. Are you prepared to stand out in an interview?
Listed below are a few tips and reminders to help you ace the interview.
· Make sure you are in a room with good lighting and a strong internet signal.
· Set up a practice Zoom webinar with a friend to see how you look and sound.
· Dress appropriately based on the culture of the organization.
· Do you know your strengths and how they can be applied to the job your interviewing for?
· The qualifications and skills required on each job description will help you determine what will be asked in an interview
· How can you add value to the organization- prior to the interview? Can you find out the companies top priorities?
· Can you reach out to an employee to learn more about the organization?
- Make sure you have good eye contact, posture and show excitement throughout the virtual interview
- Develop a list of 5 questions you can ask at the end of an interview(examples below)
· What does success look like for this position?
· What qualities are you looking for in this position?
- Close for a next step in the interview
· What are the next steps in the interviewing process?
· If I don’t hear back from you, is it OK to follow-up with you on X date?
· Write a thank you note- make sure you ask for their email address…you can also write your thank you note on LinkedIn