Have you left an interview feeling like you did well but you’re not sure what happens next? It’s critical at the end of an interview to position yourself for success.
When asked if you have any questions be prepared with a list of 3-5 to potentially set yourself apart.
Examples to ask:
- What’s most important to you in an employee in this position? You can use the answers to help you craft your thank you note.
- How will success be defined?
- What is the usual time frame for making the hiring decision?
- What are the next steps in the interviewing process?
- If I don’t hear from you by X date, can I follow-up with you? This helps you avoid “head trash” thinking you didn’t get it?
- Summarize why you’re the one for the job.
- “I am grateful for interviewing with you today. You have given me a clear overview of the position. I think my experience and accomplishments can provide value to the organization. Is there anything else you need to confirm if I am the right candidate for this position?”