Who: Janet graduated in May 2017 with a Master’s degree in social work from Loyola University in Chicago. Her current employer did not value her work and the company had turnover on a weekly basis.
Challenge: Janet decided to look for a social work position in NW Indiana. She had no connections/contacts and she did not have confidence in her interviewing skills and considered herself an introvert.
Next Steps: We coached Janet on the following:
- Develop a 30-second commercial to help her network
- Establish her strengths and storytelling for interviews
- Enhance her resume, LinkedIn profile and cover letter to stand out
- Improve interviewing skills by role-playing and building an interview template
- Build a networking database, provide a script to make an impactful conversation and train Janet to find contacts in her job search area
Outcome: Janet landed a position in NW IN as a social worker earning $22,000 more than her previous position