Who: Sarah is a junior at Hofstra University. She is majoring in journalism and minoring in creative writing. She is looking for production internships with a television network to gain more experience.
Challenge: Sarah has had some good internships already. She is extremely involved on campus as a member of a communications fraternity and holds an anchor role on the student run television network.
Next Steps: We coached Spencer on the following:
- Updated Sarah’s resume to reflect the depth of responsibilities in her past internships and campus involvement.
- Assisted in building Sarah’s portfolio which included articles written for campus organizations, clips from the television run network and other post experiences.
- Applied to multiple internships with local and national television stations.
- Prepared Sarah for video interviews and live interviews, formulating responses for any type of interview questions that could be asked.
- Drafted template emails for thank you notes, and any communications needed to follow up on interviews.
Outcome: Sarah received 2 video interviews with NBC Universal shows, and landed an internship at her dream show, the Today show! Whoo-hoo!