Challenge: Steve started his own printing business back in the late 90’s and recently sold it to a private equity company. After helping them transition the business, he decided to change careers as he winds down working full time.
Next Steps: Steve wanted to utilize his selling and relationship building skills to work for a company where he could thrive based on his past experience.
We coached Steve on the following:
- Updated/Revised Steve’s resume to better articulate his tenure work experience including his skills and strengths
- Articulate Steve’s strengths and the stories behind each one he could use in an interview
- Helped Steve come to his own conclusion on the types of roles he would be interested in moving forward
- Developed his networking database which included family, friends and business relationships
- Help create an Interview template he could prepare on all interviews moving forward
- Sharpened his interviewing skills:
- Practiced interview questions and responses to help Steve differentiate himself from other candidates- It was several years since his last interview
Outcome: Steve landed a consultant job in 3 months with a national retailer where he could utilize his past skills and add value to the organization.