Unprecedented times-no one wants to hear that anymore. We all want this time to pass. While the hiring process has slowed and changed, companies are still recruiting but in a different way. Everything has gone virtual, and as a result, so do you!
What do you need to know?
- Be ready for the hiring process to take longer than usual
- Expect to apply to 2-3 times the number of jobs
- Looking for a job is a job in itself. Set a schedule and each day search and apply for jobs
- Make regular updates to your online profiles. Your social media presence should reflect you in the best way
- Don’t limit your job search site to just LinkedIn. Consider Handshake, Indeed, Glassdoor and other niche job boards
- Set job alerts with each of the online search engines
- Be flexible-if you have to take a temporary or contract role to get your foot in the door, do it