One of our favorite success stories was helping a new grad get two great job offers to choose from!
Who: Spencer was a senior at Syracuse University majoring in psychology with a minor in political science. He graduated in May 2022.
Challenge: Spencer didn’t know what type of career he wanted to pursue upon graduation. He had some good internships and gained some valuable experience but was unsure what direction he should take.
What we did: We coached Spencer on the following:
- We worked one-on-one with Spence to assess his strengths and determine what would be a good career path based on his experience, strengths, and courses. He knew he would eventually pursue graduate school at some point but was not sure which type of masters.
- By identifying his strengths and possible career paths, it helped narrow down the possibilities
- Spencer decided to pursue consulting. We compiled a list of possible companies to pursue and made a list of contacts to connect with for networking conversations.
- Spencer applied to multiple consulting jobs and did outreach to someone at each company, whether an alumnus, family connection, second connection, etc.
- We also practiced interview questions and responses with Spencer and researched the companies and prepared answers to any possible questions that could be asked.
Outcome: Spencer had interviews with 6+ consulting firms. He landed 2 offers, one with one of the big four firms, and the other with an information services company. And down the road, when Spencer is ready to choose which Master’s degree to go after, we’ll be here to help him with that fork in the road, too.