· Make an action plan- it’s important to map out a strategy. A lot depends if you are searching while currently employed(we recommend). It’s imperative to time block your priorities to take action on your most important activities.
· Find a personal mentor you can brainstorm potential careers with.
· Take a personal inventory of your strengths and what interests you to get started.
· Search for potential jobs that the job description match’s your strengths
· Set up informational interviews with professionals in the field to see if it would be a good fit
· Mobilize your network- this will be the key to making a successful switch. Your network can introduce you to key companies and individuals.
· Consider volunteering to gain new skills in a new field you are interested in
· Practice interviewing with a friend/mentor to help be prepared for why you are switching your job/career. Also how your skills will be easily transferable.
· Be Positive and keep taking action weekly – this might take some time to make a successful switch.