Challenge: Maggie graduated from UCLA with a Bachelor of Science in Human Biology. She decided to apply to a Physician’s Assistant school. Since she was applying to several programs, interviewing was part of the acceptance process, and needed help with her interviewing skills.
Next Steps: Jim worked with Maggie on multiple sessions to help her prepare for her upcoming interviews. Maggie wasn’t sure of when the interviews were going to take place and wanted to proactively be prepared.
We coached Maggie on the following:
- Articulate Maggie’s strengths and the stories behind each one she could use in her upcoming interviews
- Reviewed Physician’s Assistant school typical questions and discussed how to answer behavioral-based interviewing questions
- After Maggie took a shot at answering the potential interview questions on her own, we reviewed each one in detail
- Help create a Physician’s Assistant interview template she could prepare for all interviews moving forward
- Coached Maggie on reaching out to her colleagues at her existing Emergency Room Technician position to get advice on the interviewing process
- Practiced interview questions and responses to help Maggie differentiate herself from other candidates
Outcome: Maggie was well prepared for her first interview, and we debriefed to help her improve for future ones. Maggie recently got accepted to one of her first schools of choice.